It’s like there aren’t enough testing-related terms out there so people have to just use the word “QA” to talk about anything in the testing domain.
- “Ask QA to test this.” (It’s a group of people)
- “QA is down again!” (It’s a test environment)
- “We’ll need someone to QA this before it goes out.” (It’s an official action)
- “Is it in QA”? (You’re either asking if someone is testing it or you’re asking if code resides in a specific environment)
By speaking properly, ourselves, perhaps we can change this.
- “Ask the testers to test this.”
- “Environment [insert an environment name, don't name it "QA"] is down again!”
- “We’ll need someone to test this before it goes out.”
- "Is it being tested by the testers?"